At ABSS Solutions, Inc. (ASI) we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for 1st American, for the people who work here, as well as our customers.
ASI is currently seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to join our team in Suitland, Maryland (US-MD), United States (US). The ideal candidate will be expected to work closely and effectively with customers, partners, manufacturers, vendors, and fellow team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Plan, design, implement and manage all traditional voice and Voice-Over IP technologies and services in a 24x7 high availability environment. Ensure system integrity and security for all voice systems. Responsible for the assessment and optimization of network design through review and assessment of user needs. Oversee complex projects, develop requests for proposals, evaluate vendor products and make recommendations for selection. Monitor and respond to phone service problems. Resolve system outages and degraded service by working with internal technical staff and vendor support. Configure and implement system additions and modifications. Provide guidance and training to junior staff and contracted staff. Provide phone system support and training for end-users.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Troubleshooting VoIP network issues.
- Analyzing existing VoIP networks.
- Assist in selecting routes for new fiber optic networks, and work with a team to determine electronic and network equipment requirements as appropriate, including new cabinet placement, cabinet upgrades, and wireless access systems (licensed and unlicensed radio equipment, e.g. Ubiquity and others) when necessary.
- Participate in the designing and implementing universal communications systems for Business & Residential customers.
- Adhere to established standards for managing users and company permissions.
- Work closely with partners who provide support and implementation of VOIP Cloud solutions.
- Optimizing network installations for future expansion.
- Stay abreast of current telephony technologies.
-Bachelor's Degree in Voice or Data Network Communications or related field is required.
- A minimum of two(2) years total credited experience.* Engineering-level experience in telecommunications technology field, in a corporate environment, with a minimum of two (2) years engineer-level experience in Cisco Voice-Over-IP and call center.
- Network communication technology certifications desired (MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, etc.)
- US Citizenship required
- Public Trust Clearance is required or ability to obtain
- COVID-19 Vaccination required
- Remedy ticketing and reporting experience
- Experience in training and user support for telecommunication systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Telecommuting Options: Some Telecommuting Allowed
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location