We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances. Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems. The goal will be to produce and maintain well functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
Purpose and scope:
Telecommunications Construction Laborer is responsible for supporting the crew by assisting with the installation/repair of telecommunication lines & equipment. Also, gathering materials needed to complete daily work at the job site and promoting a safe work environment
- Gather materials for the job each day and make sure the crew has everything required.
- Distribute material at job site safely.
- Hand locate existing utilities.
- Hand grade landscape areas.
- Hand digging trenches for conduits
- Operate construction/jobsite equipment safely
- Utilize equipment after the Operator digs the ditch line for gas mains, both new and existing.
- Lift heavy equipment for installation, when needed.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned by the Site Foreman
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned by the
- Ability to operate equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location