Job descriptionUrgently hiring
The primary purpose is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service programs in accordance with current existing federal, state, and local standards, as well as our established policies and procedures, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Assist the Social Service Director/Consultant in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing of the social service programs of this facility.
- Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services, as directed.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for identifying the medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Director.
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when possible.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Provide information to resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Compile information on discharge plans and present to appropriate committee as required.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform services as necessary.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director concerning the operation of the social services department.
- Assist in making appointments for the resident/family as required or appropriate.
- Assist in providing solutions for social and practical environmental problems including seeking financial assistance, discharge planning (including collaboration with community agencies) and referrals to other community agencies when specialized assistance is required.
- Assist in obtaining resources from community social, health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
- Assist in the education of the community regarding aging, rights of residents, facility services and other related topics.
- Orient the resident to the long-term care environment and facilitate adjustment upon placement.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Report suspected or known incidence of fraud relative to false billings, cost reports, kickbacks, etc.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Social Services Director or Administrator.
- Good assessment, listening, and counseling skills.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Alaska Airlines Seattle, WA 98194 $18.50 an hour Today
Reading & Math, Inc. Long Prairie, MN 56347 30+ days ago
Good Feet Myrtle Beach, SC $90,000 a year 4 days ago
Action Auto Recovery Long Beach, CA 30+ days ago
Grande Italian Restaurant Canonsburg, PA 15317 30+ days ago