Overall Job Description:
The general goal of the NIVES ER Supervisor is to utilize leadership skills to promote a collaborative and supportive working environment between the services and shifts. Broad responsibilities include ER support staff oversight, managing employee relations, and improving daily hospital operations. The ER supervisor will work closely with the EROM Manager to ensure that any issues that arise on a given shift are addressed in a timely, professional manner.
· Assist with staff reviews.
· Act as a point person for staff members on shift.
· Act as primary trainer for new hires and monitor training progression.
· Mitigate client concerns involving ER visits. If concerns cannot be resolved then involve the ER Operations Manager.
· Coordinate with the ER Operations Manager and Training Supervisor to ensure staff is progressing appropriately.
· Function on the floor as a treatment body, managing patient flow and care.
Support Staff Oversight:
· Monitor daily RVT, Assistant and Kennel Staff performance to ensure they are following hospital procedures and achieving their goals at NIVES. Alert Hospital Administrator when needed.
· Act as a liaison for ER staff if they have concerns hospital procedures/work-flow, co-workers, or other matters that may compromise a collaborative environment.
· Participate in 90 day reviews, annual reviews and exit interviews for ER support staff on their respective shifts.
· Act as a mentor to new hires and help monitor their training progression.
· Communicate with Operations Support personnel to ensure floor equipment and building repair issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
· Participate in management and leadership team meetings as needed.
· Provide positive support and outlook for NIVES.
· Leads by example and promotes a collaborative environment
· Ability to multitask
· Detail oriented
· Problem solver
· Strong communication skills
· Maintain a professional and positive attitude
· Empathy for pets, clients and staff
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Wayne, IN 46835: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location