Job descriptionOverview: As USAC continues to support universal service impacting health care providers, educators, and consumers, it is critical now more than ever that we hire people equally passionate and committed to helping fulfill our mission. We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Senior Telecommunications Industry Analyst within our Finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will be:
- responsible for performing USF Contributor education and outreach, for providing subject matter expertise both in-house and externally of FCC rules and directives related to USF contributors, and serves as the primary resource for reviewing complex audit responses and appeal decisions. This position has the responsibility for the comprehensive USF Contributor communication strategy, and for keeping current on industry trends both across the telecom population, and with specific companies whose product offerings affect the USF contribution base.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the Internal Audit Division’s and FCC Office of Inspector General’s review of contributor revenue reporting compliance, reviewing audit findings and drafting responses.
- Serve as an expert in the telecommunications industry, keeping current on trends in technology and product offerings that affect the USF contribution base. Review and monitor the identification of non-compliant carriers including the preparation of Enforcement Referral packages to the FCC and referrals to
- Serve as the primary point of contact on issues associated with program compliance by providing education and guidance on programmatic issues both externally and internally. Research and analyze contributor disputes and provide appropriate resolution. Work with the User Support Division to leverage the latest tools in educating contributors.
- Responsible for all contributor appeals, including audit appeals review, research and draft administrative decision letter. Coordinate regulatory and technical documentation to assure that contributors remain compliant with their obligations to the USF. Address common audit findings, industry reporting trends, and
to mitigate contributor errors that impact the USF contribution base.
- Responsible for defining, managing and documenting a communication strategy and library of responses to complex contributor inquiries, rooted in FCC rules, instructions, and directives.
- Identify and communicate emerging trends in contributor activity, monitoring industry news for important business status changes to particular companies, and new companies that will be required contributors.
- Engage and participate in the implementation of new contribution methodologies ordered by the FCC, such as changes to carriers’ reporting requirements, or the inclusion of new carriers (such as VoIP) to the revenue base. Collaboratewith key stakeholders within the Finance and Legal teams on problem solving
and continuous improvements. Assist in the preparation of operational results reporting and analysis with other Financial Operations staff.
- Develop and implement outreach and education strategies for USF contributors to ensure contributors have the required knowledge to successfully comply with FCC regulations and policy related to the USF.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Finance Division.
- Bachelor Degree and/or relevant technical training.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of directly related experience.
- One (1) to Two (2) years of operational or technical business leadership.
- Experience in project and performance management, business operations process improvement.
- Experience in the telecommunications regulatory environment.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications products and technologies.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
Our mission to achieve universal service addresses America’s current critical needs to build out broadband capabilities for telehealth, online learning, and keeping families connected. Join us and help USAC accomplish our mission to bridge the digital divide. Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Additional information on USF programs can be found at: https://www.usac.org/about/
Benefits USAC supports our employees well beyond their salary with a system of benefits that rivals the top organizations in the country. Simply put: if you are committed to improving the lives of others, we are committed to improving yours. USAC provides low-premium, top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision insurance in addition to disability and life coverage. Generous 401k contribution, Federal and floating holidays, paid sick leave and vacation time that increases every year. Regular telework schedule and opportunities to take professional development courses and training.
A Multicultural Team We have actively built an organization that doesn’t just celebrate our diversity; we depend on it. The challenges of achieving universal service require creative and unique perspectives. Our accepting and inclusive community will challenge you to grow and learn from others while always recognizing the value of your contribution.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the “Apply For This Job Online” button.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Applebee's | Apple American Group Marion, IN 46952 $10 - $13 an hour 30+ days ago
Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union Seattle, WA 98109 $18.69 - $20.00 an hour 6 days ago
Titan Protection and Consulting, Inc. Kearney, NE $20 an hour 4 days ago
GSK Remote Up to $164,000 a year 30+ days ago