Join our Retail team at Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona! Are you enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service and assisting guests throughout their entire shopping experience? We operate and maintain seven retail outlets at the Grand Canyon South Rim. By working at Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, you will be able to provide top notch hospitality and welcome guests into gift shops representing the sheer beauty, peace, and scenic grandeur of where you work.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection at Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
We are looking for Retail Associates to perform all types of functions including cashiering, sales, stocking, cleaning, and providing customer service in our shops at the Grand Canyon in Arizona!
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitation measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests. Responsibilities:
- Assist customers in a courteous and knowledgeable manner.
- Be aware of product locations, sizes, prices and other information.
- Operate POS system maintaining accurate entries, charges, change, and deposits.
- Responsible for issued bank including change orders and security of the bank.
- Handle store security issues as directed by store management.
- Complete assigned job board on daily basis.
- Assist other store sales clerks as directed.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management, and sustainability policies while performing tasks.
- Provide exceptional guest service through professional and friendly interactions with guests, co-workers, vendors and other partners.
- Welcome each guest visiting our stores with a sincere and appropriate greeting.
- Acknowledge and/or thank our guest as they leave.
- Other duties as assigned.
What's in it for you?
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30-40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20-30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20-60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- $350 Referral Bonus
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center- Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- At least one year of previous cashiering experience.
- Previous retail experience.
- Ability to properly handle and secure cash and credit cards.
- Public contact skills with the willingness to courteously interact with a broad cross-section of customers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.