Islamic Center of Little Rock
Little Rock, AR 72204.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited higher education institution.
- Fluency in English (Spoken and written), Arabic is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Islamic Shariah.
- Experience as an Imam or Assistant Imam.
- Ability to interact with and relate to youth.
- Ability to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor's (Required)
Paid time off
Full Job Description
The Islamic Center of Little Rock is currently seeking a highly motivated and organized Resident Imam. The Islamic Center of Little Rock (ICLR) is the largest Islamic Center in the state of Arkansas. This is an active center providing services for both genders and all ages.. This position reports directly to the ICLR Board of Trustees. An interested candidate should possess the flexibility, courage and creativity that will be needed to propel the ICLR and the Little Rock area community forward. This job will be as challenging as it will be rewarding.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the daily prayers at the Mosque.
- Give the Khutbah and lead Jumu’ah and Eid Prayers.
- Provide Hadith studies, Seerah and Fiqh lessons, and other Islamic topics to increase knowledge and promote the spiritual growth of community members.
- Provide consultation on religious matters, community issues, and Mosque activities as requested.
- Provide funeral services and guidance.
- Work with ICLR management on annual fundraising programs for the community as needed.
- Participate in the community activities that further good interfaith and public relations for Islam and Muslims.
- The Imam/Resident Scholar is also required to comply fully with policies and procedures of ICLR as detailed in the ICLR Constitution.
· Maintain regular and convenient office hours for community members to seek religious counsel and guidance.
· Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and inclusiveness among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
· Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to: school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
- Monday to Friday
- English (Required)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Little Rock, AR: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location