Located in Wolcott, Indiana
Who are we?
Egglife Foods is reimagining the future of food by harnessing the power of eggs to transform traditionally flour-based food products. The company was created in 2017, motivated by a desire to modernize nutrition and champion better wellness without sacrificing taste. Two years and over 2,000 recipes later, our debut product, egglife egg white wraps were hatched. Made with cage-free egg whites and just a few simple ingredients for a simple, delicious, and nutritious alternative to traditional tortillas, egglife egg white wraps are The Perfect Wrap® for consumers looking for a versatile, low-carb, high protein wrap.
Egglife Foods is experiencing tremendous growth and success. After 2 years in market, we are experiencing results that are nothing short of amazing including:
- #1 Category Share of Healthy Refrigerated Wraps
- #1 Incremental Item to Dairy Category
- Rocket ship growth from 381 to 8,500 locations and 22X growth in ACV in 24 months!
- 2020 Gold Stevie Award Winner for Best New Product
- 2021 NOSH Best New Product Award Finalist
- 2021 Progressive Grocer Editor’s Pick Award
- 2021 CNBC Best of Small Business Award Winner
To learn more visit us at www.egglifefoods.com.
As the brand is growing so is our team! Egglife Foods is looking for a Production Manager to join our team, reporting to the Plant Manager. This position will be a key member of the factory leadership team helping build teamwork, strengthening employee culture, and providing an environment for employee development. The Production Manager will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to all GMP and Food Safety standards as well as all company, local, state, and federal regulations.
Who are you?
· Reports to the Plant Manager
· Direct and lead the production staff in all phases of production operations.
· Ensure that there is sufficient inventory of raw and packaging materials available for production.
· Ensure Production Schedule is set each week to produce product levels required to meet customer demands.
· Ensure that maintenance for preventive and predictive work is scheduled and performed in a timely and appropriate manner so that production achieves capacity commitments.
· Responsible for leading Safety for the plant.
· Ensure all capital requirements for the production operation are identified and communicated the plant manager and engineering team.
· Responsible that all product is produced within approved in-process and finished product specifications.
· Responsible that all product is produced in compliance with all quality and food safety requirements.
· Ensure all production records on waste, downtime, upset conditions, etc., are documented and analyzed. From the analysis, plans are identified, designed, prioritized, communicated, and executed.
· Responsible for continuous improvement of production operations, including but not limited to, yields, capacity, efficiencies, crewing, COGM, etc.
· Ensure proper sanitation is conducted in accordance with all sanitation SOP’s.
· Completion and transmittal of all appropriate paperwork associated with EggLife Production operations.
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring new employees and coordinating orientation schedule with Human Resources Department.
· Responsible for training and development of all salaried employees in your department and assisting/guiding in the development of hourly frontline leaders.
· Familiarize and ensure production employees are complying and in adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices Handbook (GMP) policies.
· Responsible for training, regular individual employee evaluation and promotion consideration, employee familiarization and compliance with all company policies and regulations, employee relations, employee grievances, and wage administration.
· Timely scheduling of all salaried and hourly employees.
· Ensure production employees are in compliance with all Federal, State, Local, and company sanitation regulations.
· Builds strong relationships and partnerships with other departments and functions.
· Inform (within a reasonable time frame) the Plant Manager of any urgent or emergency situations which require immediate attention or approval.
· Ensures the Human Resources Manager is notified (within a reasonable time frame) of any and all events impacting people operations – serious violations of company policies, the employee handbook, harassment claims, assault, unlawful acts, etc.
· Ensure housekeeping duties are routinely completed.
· Develop and maintain process flow charts for production areas.
· Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implement Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) for downtime and waste events.
· Familiarize yourself, comply with, and ensure departmental personnel are always in compliance with all EggLife Policies.
· Familiarize yourself, comply with, and ensure departmental personnel comply with Food Defense, QC, HACCP, SQF, GMP, IDEM, OSHA, and EggLife Food Safety protocols.
· Familiarize yourself, comply with, and ensure employees comply with all policies such as those listed within the EggLife Employee Handbook.
· Must treat employees, co-workers and management with respect and courtesy at all times.
· Performs all other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree strongly preferred.
· Must have a minimum of three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment – food manufacturing preferred.
· Must have previous leadership experience – five years preferred in progressing roles.
· Capable of performing routine math calculations, including percentages and fractions.
· Good communication skills (i.e. written and verbal).
· Be available to work flexible hours - including nights and weekends.
· Ability to quickly address critical and urgent situations.
· Possess good decision-making skills.
· He or she will also demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills and can work on a computer (understanding Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
· Proven experience in leading, developing, and empowering direct reports.
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and experience/knowledge of statistical processes
Egglife Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Daily health checks are performed at entry. A vaccination incentive is provided for employees. Enhanced sanitation practices are in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wolcott, IN 47995: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location