Job descriptionPosition Purpose:
This Co-Op will require full time employment in the Spring of 2023 and be based out of the Store Support Center in Atlanta, GA.
The Packaging Engineering Co-Op will work in the Global Brand and Product Development organization as a member of the private brands packaging engineering team. Their focus will be to develop cost modeling tools for the packaging engineering team to help estimate packaging material costs. They will learn how the Value Engineering team benchmarks product costs and apply the same methodology to packaging components. They will work with the department packaging engineers to understand how the tools can be curated to best analyze component costs for the Décor, Hardlines and Building Materials business units.
80%-Dedicated to a particular project for the term
20% Working on Ad-hoc projects and tasks as they arise
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Typically reports to Manager, Packaging Engineering.
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Strong analytical skills
- Process/detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management experience
- Time Management
- Planning, organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities
- Juniors and Seniors currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science or related field.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner.