About University Credit Union:
University Credit Union (UCU) is a purpose-driven financial cooperative dedicated to providing everyone in the university community a financial advantage.
UCU was founded in 1951, on-campus, by a group of UCLA employees. Over 70 years later, we continue to exclusively serve the university community and have expanded our reach beyond UCLA. We continue to align ourselves with universities and have expanded our reach to numerous universities across California, the West Coast Conference, and the Big West Conference.
UCU’s focus has been diversifying and building a foundation for future growth. By partnering with the university community, we can provide products and services tailored to their unique needs. To best serve our member-owners, UCU delivers on our purpose, to give every member in the university community a financial advantage, by following our three key differentiators::
- We were founded by the University Community for the University Community
- We provide conflict-free unbiased financial advice from certified professional coaches
- We guarantee our rates on auto loans, credit cards, consumer loans, and HELOCs are ALL within the top 1% lowest nationwide of all federally insured financial institutions.
Member Service Specialist – Remote for the Contact Center
The Member Service Specialist - Remote position delivers on University Credit Union’s CHAMPION Values to engage in behaviors that create member and team member loyalty. This individual will provide service by accurately completing transactions and providing account information to members. Follows cash/transaction guidelines to safeguard credit union and member assets.
We have a champions culture and core values – Courageous and Fearless, Honest and Open, All-in, Making a Difference, Predictive and Prescriptive, Innovation, Ownership Mindset, Never stop learning, Seize the opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers face-to-face/phone/digital channel service to members requesting account assistance.
- Provides consultative services to members regarding credit union products and services or refers members to the appropriate team member to assess the member's needs, address their concerns and gain agreement.
- Processes member transactions efficiently and accurately with personal care. Contributes to the departmental goals by processing member requests with sense of urgency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be a team player and collaborate with others.
- All team members must adhere to regulatory, compliance, and organizational guidelines.
- The expectation of this role is to graduate into the Member Wellness Coach position within 6 months of employment.
The minimum expectation for graduation includes mastering basic roles in the following areas: account servicing, products and services, and demonstrating member advocacy.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: Minimum 0 to 1 year of related experience required
Team UCU Benefits:
Investing in people is one of UCU’s strategic priorities and we invest in Team UCU by offering a variety of excellent benefits, in addition to being a great team to work with:
- Competitive compensation
- Work from anywhere options for select positions
- A full 401(k) match up to 6% plus a potential additional annual profit share of up to 4%
- Quarterly Gain Share awards, subject to meeting certain organization goals, with a payout of up to 10% of earnings
- Employee loan discounts
- Generous paid vacation, plus accrual of paid sick time, and additional discretionary floating and cultural holidays
- 12 paid Holidays
- Personal growth development plans tailored to each member of Team UCU
- Choice of medical, dental, and vision plans, including some options that are 100% paid by the Credit Union.
- Complementary Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Complementary long-term disability insurance and Employee Assistance Program
UCU’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion play a key part in our dedication to give everyone in the university community a financial advantage. From students, staff, faculty, and alumni, our member-owners are individual in their needs. UCU is committed to ensuring our team brings a variety of skills, ideas, cultural backgrounds, and experience to UCU to align with them. We are dedicated to building trust and understanding with each of our member-owners. We accomplish this by building a community that embraces diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is mirrored in our work and represented in Team UCU.
University Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.