APGFCU – Your Community Credit Union! For over 80 years, APGFCU has shared our financial experience and provided valuable products and services to build stability and financial independence, one member at a time. We are looking for those who want to join this movement and become a part of a growing organization. We offer competitive pay and great benefits.
Under the direction of the Manager – Member Loan Center, this position will underwrite all consumer loans product types to include Home Equity Loans and Lines ensuring compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures. This position’s production will meet departmental goals for turnaround time, quality and volume. This position will make independent decisions regarding loan approvals, counteroffers, and denials. Potions will proactively develop and implement strategies to align with Credit Union strategies to include growing the credit builder segment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member Service: Provide courteous and personal service to members. Analyze member needs, match products/ services to maximize member relationships with credit union and increase member wealth.
- Loan Responsibilities: Acquire loan officer certification within 120 days of hire date. Retain loan officer certification within 120 days of hire date. Maintain loan officer certification by meeting both quality and minimum loan underwriting volume standards. Assist Branch Operations with questions regarding loan decisions and financial counseling. Implement and ensure compliance with Credit Union policies, procedures and regulations for all consumer loans to include Home Equity Loans and Lines. Present strong analytical skills and decision making ability to make lending decisions.
- Loan Service: Underwrite loans to ensure departmental and personal goals for turn around time, quality and volume are met. Review loan histories and interview loan applicants, recommend suitable loan products, compile necessary documentation, define collateral requirements, and determine monthly payments. Identify debt held by other institutions and cross-sell loan products to applicants for the transferring of debt to the credit union. Review denied loan requests and make recommendations to supervisor for alternate decision if warranted. Properly communicate loan decisions to applicants and refer applicants, when appropriate, to a counseling service. Provide assistance in completing loan applications and associated information. Complete all associated paperwork and correspondence with members as necessary.
- Key Performance Indicator: Responsible for specific, measurable goals for turn time, quality and volume.
- Quality Control: Identify and communicate to Credit Union Management, product or service related issues or improvements which could result in higher quality services for members or improved financial control for the Credit Union. Maintain adherence to all Credit Union policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, while demonstrating professional service skills and financial integrity, as due course of business. Perform self-audits to reduce errors and adhere to credit union procedures.
- Loan Disbursals: Perform loan disbursal duties as required or directed. Must be able to assist in auditing and funding loan files received under the consumer retail portfolio.
- Additional General: May assist with difficult member inquiries and coordination of workflow. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Additional: Responsible for completion of applicable training and compliance on federal regulations and APGFCU policies and procedures as related to the duties of this position (Bank Secrecy Act, Information Security as examples, if applicable).
EDUCATION: Equivalent to High School education with additional broad specialized training equivalent to 2 years college. Experience can be credited in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE: Four or more years of experience as a loan officer with a financial institution interviewing loan applicant and underwriting loans (loan authority). Sales experience preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the features and benefits of financial institution products and services (to include mortgage products). Knowledge of consumer credit laws; skills in communications, customer service, human relations, on-line computers and business math; ability to work independently and as part of a team, problem solve and make decisions. Must be numbers and detail oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and be capable of transporting related supplies and equipment. Specific vision abilities by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status.
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send to the Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.