Job descriptionWho Are We? Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category Operations Compensation Overview The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range $70,700.00 - $116,700.00 Target Openings 1 What Is the Opportunity? As a Mail Operations Manager, you are responsible for: • The management and overall operations of the mail and shipping functions. • Establishing standard operational objectives and work plans. • Delegating scheduled assignments to staff • Oversee planning, implementation and delegation of workflow in all areas of dept. • Ensuring planning for all proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all systems. • Participating in planning or policy and process planning, development, or implementation. • Ensuring that established processes and procedures are followed. • Working closely with identified venders, suppliers, and internal departments to ensure operating efficiency. • Supporting the goals and plans for the Mail Operations unit and contribute to their development. • Providing leadership and direction to staff. What Will You Do?
- Plans work direction and leadership staff for efficient workflow, maximum work output, and timely deliveries in order to meet changing customer needs and staffing vacancies.Oversees daily workflow of incoming and outgoing mail and related items. Develops implements and monitors unit policy and operating procedures.Acts as a point of contact for field offices for all mail and shipping related questions. Develops, implements, and monitors unit policy and operating procedures.Prioritizes and manages the schedule for daily tasks and functions for all areas. Manages the operations related invoice verification prep and submission for remittance. Assists offices regarding mailing and shipping methods and costs, business reply and post office box mail, and acquisition of items needed for processing and preparing mail and packages for shipment.Makes recommendations for appropriate mail equipment placement.Develops and maintains statistical reporting for the department. Participates in planning and budgeting recommendations. Assures proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all systems acquired is planned for, recorded and up to date. Participates in nation-wide vendor selection for services and equipment in cooperation with other Travelers business units.Collaborates with external vendors to research and acquire tools and make recommendations for appropriate mail equipment placement. Partners with suppliers and IS staff to maintain the EDI payment system for express mail shipments country wide, add accounts, and resolve billing issues as needed. Monitors and ensures the accuracy of the database of addresses used for sending shipments to field and virtual offices. Addresses and resolves equipment or vendor issues related to mail machine operation or vendor service failures. Plans and provides ongoing assistance and education to customers for special projects and mail-related activities (i.e., special mailings, address hygiene, office moves, etc.). Responsible to train and assign others Works with Director to interview and hire qualified staff. Sets goals and objectives, conducts performance reviews, and makes salary recommendations. Full working knowledge of Federal Express shipping products to include Administrative functions of Enterprise application.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years’ experience in a mail shipping/receiving environment at a facility of significant size and complexity preferred.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business or related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience leading people preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new PC-based programs including certified mail software, routing and tracking software, and mailing/postage system and be able to train others on.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize work.
- Ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives, and make recommendations.
- Ability to effectively communicate system changes and processes to end users.
- Solid understanding of financial and budget reporting and planning.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience acting as a team leader.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word and Excel required.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
NOMURA New York, NY 10019 $110,000 a year 30+ days ago
SmartFinancial.com Remote $60,000 - $150,000 a year 2 days ago
Harris Plumbing, Heating, Air New Castle County, DE $70,000 - $160,000 a year 23 days ago
First Interstate Bank Boise, ID 30+ days ago