Who we are looking for…
Cornerstone Home Lending is looking for an experienced Loss Mitigation Specialist. The Loss Mitigation Specialist role is responsible for providing world class customer care to our customers. This position will provide an exceptional level of customer service by taking ownership and responsibility for all activity occurring at CHL and ensuring customers are educated regarding all hardship assistance options offered.
What you'll need to be successful…
- Responsible for negotiating payment arrangements, keeping our borrowers in their homes and curing delinquency
- Manage inbound and outbound calling queues via automated calling system
- Continuously improve knowledge base and skillset to ensure maximum level of customer satisfaction and world class customer experience
- Underwrites loans for loss mitigation in accordance to FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC guidelines and decisions all loss mitigation waterfall options for borrower(s) seeking workout assistance.
- Recommends loss mitigation actions on requests for proposed foreclosure alternatives within timeframes established by investor.
- Utilizes ability to read and interpret title searches and rectify outstanding judgements, liens, etc.
- Maintains quality control and production standards defined by CHL
- Perform other job-duty related issues as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mortgage servicing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Collections environment
- Bi-lingual skills a plus
- Strong phone etiquette while having a passion for taking care of customer needs with exceptional customer service skills
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to exercise prudent judgment
- Exceptional organization and time management a must
- Comfortable being a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to verbal/written communication
- Ability to work through stressful situations professionally and respectfully
- Attention to detail
Who we are…
Cornerstone Home Lending is a unique top ten national home lender with a reputation of amazing service, customer satisfaction, on-time closings, employee retention, and happiness. Our mission is to use and improve on our God-given talents to make a difference to the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders and the people who provide services to us. We employ more than 1,300 people who are passionately committed to Cornerstone’s Mission, Vision & Core Convictions. Our brand is known for on-time closings - a key core conviction of Cornerstone. Our customers nationally rate their experience with Cornerstone at a score of 96 … 6 points higher than all competitors. Additionally, Cornerstone has been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as a “Top 100 Workplace” for the 8th consecutive year. March 1, 2021, marked the beginning of Cornerstone’s 33rd year in the residential lending business, so we have successfully navigated our company through many industry cycles and changes in regulations.
We are a great company with great people, and we are looking for an experienced Loss Mitigation Specialist, who will bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a servant heart to our team of top-tier mortgage professionals. This professional will work in a tight-knit, goal-oriented team where our Customers and Loan Officers can rely on them to ensure an accurate and timely closing process.
What we offer:
Cornerstone has been setting all-time production records for over a year, and our dedicated support staff makes that growth possible. Because we recognize and reward hard work, we offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and potentially a performance-based bonus.
What to do next:
If Cornerstone Home Lending sounds like the place for you (and if you have the qualifications, drive, and passion to match), we invite you to become a member of our winning team! And remember, once you are a part of our Cornerstone family, we'll continue to invest in you as an asset in our company. As many of our team members can tell you, there is something special about working at Cornerstone. It really feels like home.
***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law***
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location