Please be advised that the COVID-19 vaccine is mandated.
Sign On-Bonus $1,500.00 after 3 month of employment and then $1,500.00 after 6 months of employment.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
The following is a representation of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. RRHC will make reasonable accommodations to allow otherwise-qualified applicants with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Implement safe, therapeutic care of patients with overt needs in supervised/controlled situations as initiated in the Plan of Care as directed by the physician/family nurse practitioner (FNP) in consultation with the Case Manager/ Registered Nurse (RN).
2. The ability to openly communicate and utilize resources (patient, family, staff, outside personnel, agencies/organizations) to contribute to the Plan of Care.
3. Interview patients about current problems, medications, allergies while also reviewing the patient’s medical record for pertinent previous and current information.
4. Perform routine medical duties, such as: immunizations, nebulizer treatment, visual acuity testing, injections, specimen preparation and testing, care documentation, administrating and reading TB tests.
5. Check requisition forms for requested tests, assist in phlebotomy, prepare equipment, and puncture site.
6. Explain tests, procedures disease process, and provide other health education to patient, family, and/or caregiver. Document patient/family/caregiver response to care and teaching within the patient’s chart.
7. Maintain adequate inventory of examination room supplies while preparing exam rooms and equipment at the beginning of each workday, as well as before and after each patient encounter.
8. Be involved with all continuity of care initiatives, including medication administration, one month, six month, and annual follow-ups.
9. Facilitate and assist in the coordination of patient referrals.
10. Participate in the orientation and training of new personnel.
11. Perform office and case management related responsibilities such as: answering phones, taking messages, while also performing triages within the scope of LPN practice in an accurate and timely manner.
12. Participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by your immediate supervisor. In addition, it is expected that personnel will accept personal responsibility of other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
13. Act as the on-call nurse periodically as assigned throughout the month during non-business hours.
14. Uphold the patient centered medical home model of care focused on the clinical quality measures to insure consistency and continuous improvement of care.
15. Frequent travel between our seven (7) locations throughout Wood, Pleasants, Ritchie and Doddridge Counties. As well as the availability to work Saturdays as assigned.
16. Other duties assigned by the administrator.
1. Licensed Practical Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
2. Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in good standing for the State of West Virginia or compact (multi-state) license required.
3. Continuing education annually or as required by State Board of Nursing.
4. Maintain CPR and/or First Aid Certification as required by State regulations.
5. Able to walk, bend, stoop, and lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
6. Is self-directed and able to work with little supervision; good written and verbal communication skills; good organizational skills.
7. Personal computer experience preferred. (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus