RAYUS Radiology, formerly Center for Diagnostic Imaging, is looking for aHealth Insurance Specialist to join our team. As a HealthInsurance Specialistyou will provide expertise in insurance pre-certification and authorization of services by calling insurance companies and patients to verify insurance information.
You'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You'll play an important part of that process bydeveloping and maintaining positive relationships with referring physicians and patients. This position is full-time,9:30am - 6pm.
(60%) Insurance Administration
- Prioritizes work load to ensure all patients are contacted prior to their exam and those
with largest responsibility to pay are given highest priority
- Determines if patient's insurance is a part of the provider network
- Makes outgoing calls to insurance companies for pre-certification or any authorization
- Receives pre-authorization from patients and/or insurance companies and documents
- Contacts patient and referring offices using HIPAA guidelines prior to scheduled exam
when additional insurance information is needed
- Backs up front desk reception and scheduling area as needed
- Accurately enters a variety of information including date schedule requests received,
patient name, referring physician and procedures into computer system
- Maintains positive interactions with referring offices, patients and staff
(30%) Price Quotes
- Completes payor-related information i.e., payor, payor class, date of appointment
- Obtains all workers compensation approvals from insurance companies prior to
- Obtains signs and symptoms in order to support medical necessity
(10%) Completes other duties as assignedRequirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous health care experience working with a variety of health insurance
plans for pre-certification and authorization of benefit coverage
- Prior experience with managed care and physician office scheduling
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience
- Proficient with using computer systems and typing
RAYUS Radiology is challenging the status quo by shining the light on radiology and making it a critical first step in diagnosis and proper treatment. We are committed to delivering clinical excellence in communities across the U.S., driven by our compassionate, safe, and cost-efficient care, and superior service to referring providers and patients. RAYUS Radiology is built on our brilliant medicine, brilliant team, brilliant technology and services-all to provide the highest level of patient care possible.
We bring brilliance to health and wellness. Join our team and shine the light on Radiology Services!
RAYUS Radiology is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.