Employment Type:Full time
In accordance with defined procedures and established schedules, performs a variety of related duties in one of the following specifically assigned areas: Cafeteria, Catering, Cold Food Preparation, Trayline, and/or Dishroom . Maintains work area(s) in a clean and orderly condition.
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Ability to read and write required.
Special Skill / Aptitudes
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, equipment operation, and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate food handling protocol .
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate handling of cash/money, and make change.
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
One year previous experience in a commercial restaurant or a food service department .
Duties / Responsibilities:
Sets up and/or serves food to customers in accordance with established serving standards. Performs cashiering duties such as operating cashier equipment, entering appropriate amounts of food items, totaling purchases, collecting and returning appropriate money to customers. Assembles the sanitized flatware for patient meal delivery. Assembles patient food trays and nourishments, providing appropriate hot or cold foods as previously ordered by Personal Nutrition Assistant (PNA), dispensing beverages and necessary condiments on trays in accordance with individually prescribed menus. Also, prepares and places basic cold food, and in doing so, portions, counts, and weighs food items according to established procedures. Transports trays to patient care area by use of food carts. Delivers late food trays to patients as needed. Maintains proper sanitation standards in assigned work area by cleaning counters, tables equipment and so forth. Keeps work areas neat and orderly. Adheres to prescribed safety, sanitation, and infection control policies and procedures . Attends in-service education and other meetings as required. Performs other duties as assigned and assists other employees when needed to keep operations running smoothly.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Works in assigned area under generally comfortable working conditions with exposure to splashing water, and cleaning agents. Occassional exposure to extreme working conditions (hot and cold).
- Standing 100% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds from floor to shoulder level or shoulder to floor.
- Ability to push carts containing food trays weighing up to 100 pounds.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.