SS Developments a division of Self Storage Consulting Group (SSCG) a lead provider of self storage third party management and development has an exciting opportunity for a full time Draftsman at our Corporate office in Mesa AZ.
The ideal candidate would be dedicated, detail oriented, dependable, technically minded, and above all else willing to learn. Most work will be done at the candidate’s desk, utilizing a desktop computer and physical copies of drawings. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, as well as math skills, are essential to the daily tasks of the candidate.
- Detailing, including basic hand sketching and computer detailing.
- Ensures compliance with required standards, manuals, geometric tolerances, and customer, marketing and engineering specifications.
- Provide drafting support daily on multiple drawing types.
- Create and draw specific site plans as assigned.
- Maintain construction documents as assigned.
- Coordinating construction documents with the Project Architect and consultants.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Coordination with external contractors or vendors.
- Researching project materials specific to plan details and plan development.
- Analytical thinker with high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on the phone and in writing.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, construction documents, building codes as well as technical and procedural knowledge of activities related to building construction, including understanding plans and specifications.
- Associate degree in drafting or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or construction preferred.
- AutoCad proficiency required. Revit and Photoshop experience preferred.
- 2-year technical degree or approved equivalent in the field of Drafting or Design.
- Actual on-site building construction experience preferred but not required.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Two (2) weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour based on experience
Self Storage Consulting Group, LLC is an essential and an equal opportunity employer.