The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the assistant teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to childcare center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must clear full background check.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Viewpoint Systems, LLC Pensacola, FL 32502 $24 an hour 30+ days ago
STANT CONSTRUCTION CO. Vero Beach, FL 32967 $18 - $30 an hour 25 days ago
Bluffton Day Spa Bluffton, SC 29910 $15 - $16 an hour 3 days ago
Amazon.com Services LLC Remote $132,600 - $160,000 a year 30+ days ago
Yancey Bros Co. Columbus, GA 31808 30+ days ago