- Development of comprehensive, disruptive education strategy for EA US across all business channels,
including live curriculums, shows, Academy programming, e-learning, interactive experiential, and social
learning. Updates all plans according to market needs and an evolving landscape.
- Manage, update, and evolve all e-learning platforms including EA US Education: In-store Red door events,
Demand on master classes and Virtual Consultation and MLearning
- Education lead for video production projects. Includes pre and postproduction education initiatives for
best-in-class results. Leads all artist direction for all video shoots, content shoots, events.
- Oversees and leads a team that creates, implements, and customizes videos, education curriculums, and
content specific to brand objectives-across all channels and platforms.
- Includes Pro and Consumer.
- Directly provides leadership to a team of full and part-time reports, that includes coaching, development,
and strategic direction.
- Works closely with Sr. Management on creating and presenting current and long-term plans, insights,
analytics, research data, to internal and external stakeholders and customer partners.
- With Marketing Sr. Director, In-store merchandising manager and US Head of the brand, strategizes,
develops plans, and manages partner relationships
- Leads the US education strategy, design, pre, post and execution of key education events, including budget
planning and education KPIs (vs. sales)
- Collaborate closely with the Global education team to provide the US insights/feedback and shape the best
strategy and plan.
- Helps to design and manage education and influencer teams across all categories of brand objectives.
Strategizes, recruits, and builds a team of partners based on alignment with Sr. Director and brand needs.
- Responsible for forecasting and budget management within education, training
- Establish and maintains effective working relationships with Beauty consultants, Field sales, Retailors, store
personnel and the US marketing
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication, leadership, and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of digital media platforms. Including, website, social, event hosting platforms,
eCommerce (Microsoft and adobe, streaming platforms, content management platforms, cloud storage
management, editing platforms, and social media platforms)
- Strong Project Management skill set with managing multiple workstreams simultaneously with great
success, able to prioritize, lead and manage projects in a fastpaced environment
- Excellent team player and collaborator, with proven ability to motivate and inspire direct reports, and
influence education community groups across all platforms
- Ability to collect and leverage key performance metrics and data to provide insights and make strategic
- Strong beauty product background preferably the skincare, including trending topics, competitive audits,
and creative concepting for education
- Strong writing, storytelling, and development in all areas of education curriculums, scripts, run of show,
virtual education, and videos
- Must understand digital platforms and how they can be leveraged for education
- Strong Pre and Postproduction experience for content and events
- Budget management, planning, reconciliation
- Updated Cosmetology license
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 Direct Reports (Education Managers)
The base pay range for this position in New York City is $120,000 and $135,000/year; however base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. Certain positions may also be eligible for short and/or long-term incentives as part of total compensation.
Information about Revlon’s comprehensive benefits can be reviewed with your recruiter.
This information is provided per the New York City Pay Transparency Law.