Encore Technologies is seeking a Data Engineer to work for a client.
- The data engineer designs and builds platforms, tools, and solutions that help the organization manage, secure, and generate value from its data.
- The person in this role creates scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large (i.e. Big Data) scales.
- These solutions can include on-premise and cloud-based data platforms, and solutions in any of the following domains ETL, business intelligence, analytics, persistence (relational, NoSQL, data lakes), search, messaging, data warehousing, stream processing, and machine learning.
- Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined.
- Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience.
- While operating within the organization risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years + of experience communicating ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in the appropriate language for each group.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed computing principles & knowledge of application and data security concepts, best practices, and common vulnerabilities.
- Conceptual understanding of one or more of the following: Big Data technologies, distributions, metadata management products, commercial ETL tools, BI and reporting tools, messaging systems, data warehousing, Java (language and run time environment), major version control systems, continuous integration/delivery tools, infrastructure automation and virtualization tools, major cloud, or rest API design and development.
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $45.00 - $50.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
- Data warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Power BI: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- ETL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote