Title: Customer Care Advocate
Job Location: United States : Ohio : Dayton
Alternate Job Location: United States : Ohio : Dayton || Not Applicable : Not Applicable || United States : Ohio : Beavercreek || United States : Ohio : Kettering || United States : Ohio : Miamisburg || United States : Ohio : Springboro
Work Arrangement: Virtual
Role Value Proposition:
Our Customer Care Advocates for Web Tech Provide service and information to customers accessing their MetLife policies via the MetLife websites.
This is work for our Web Tech line of business. Hours of operation are 8am-11pm Mon - Fri. Position is currently full time at 40 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is a requirement. These associates will interface with the customer.
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide various benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
- Dental, medical & life insurance
- Retirement plans including 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance
At all times enhance and strengthen relationships between the customer and MetLife. Customer Care Advocates are expected to perform these responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while displaying superior interpersonal and service skills.
Virtual roles predominately work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Servicing customers who possess a MetLife policy by responding to requests via telephone.
- Research and respond to requests and discuss options regarding various aspects of the policy and procedures.
- Assist with site access and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- New hires should live in a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
- Must have ability to work evening shifts if needed (evening shifts can last until 11 PM ET).
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic troubleshooting different browsers, clearing cookies and cache, screenshots etc.
- Simultaneously access and navigate up to 10 electronic systems to provide complete response.
- Must possess a pleasant and engaging phone voice and demonstrate a true desire to help people.
- Previous Call Center experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly and willingness to obtain functional knowledge and understanding of company products.
- Possess excellent oral & written communication skills along with a pleasant and engaging phone voice and superior telephone etiquette.
- Excellent active listening skills with ability to understand and articulate clearly to customers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while promoting a world-class image of MetLife
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment to improve service to internal and external customers while also demonstrating an ability to work independently from home.
- Ability to generate innovative ideas for process improvements and problem-solving; Ability to work various shifts within hours of operation.
- Flexibility is a must, as your shift can change to meet business needs and additional hours may be asked per business need.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Residents of Colorado:
The wage range for this position specific to Colorado is $41,600 per year. The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the MetLife Annual Variable Incentive Plan ("AVIP"). Your eligibility for and award of incentives are governed by the terms of the plan. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Life, Vision plus Retirement benefits and Paid Time Off.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $41,600 per year. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.