Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Position Title Coordinator, Law Enforcement Continuing Education & Assistant, BLET ( Looking to fill Immediately)
Position Type Full Time Regular
Annual Schedule 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Variable
Anticipated Days Variable
Anticipated Hours Variable
Anticipated Hours per Week 40
Work Location A-B Tech Woodfin
Job Description Summary Coordinates development and delivery of and frequently instructs law enforcement continuing education classes based on agencydemand. Assists in the coordination, instruction, and administration of BLET programming.
Duties 1. Develops and coordinates law enforcement continuing education classes.
2. Obtains and maintains Qualified Assistant certification through NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards.
3. Instructs law enforcement continuing education and BLET classes as needed.
4. Assists with BLET administration and coordinator.
5. Hires instructors, issues contracts, and reviews payroll for accuracy.
6. Maintains communication between the law enforcement agencies and various stakeholders.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements) 1. Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience as a sworn law enforcement officer;
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience as a law enforcement instructor in NC;
4.NC CJ Standards General Instructor certification.
Preferred Qualifications 1. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience as an instructor or teacher;
2. Experience as Continuing Education coordinator;
3. Experience as BLET instructor;
4. NC Sheriffs Standards Full Limited Lecturer or General Instructor certification;
5. NC CJ Specialized Firearms, Physical Fitness or Driver Training Instructor certification;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants Applicant Should: 1. Read the following before submitting the Application:
- Application Selection Process
- Technical Support Tips
- When applicable, upload the relevant transcript that correlates to the degree requirement in the minimum requirement or preferred qualifications with in the job posting. The transcript must show the individual courses taken and the degree that is conferred or awarded.
- If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work.
- Transcripts outside of the United States, must be accompanied by an evaluation completed by a NACES recognized agency and received by Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the first day of work.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech? A-B Tech is nestled in the mountains of Western North Carolina and has served as the region’s premier two-year college since our establishment in 1959. With five locations, the College service area includes Buncombe and Madison Counties. We are a family of approximately 10,000 curriculum students, 14,000 continuing education students, and 1,100 faculty & staff. We offer an array of programs to meet local workforce needs which culminate in 55 degrees, 18 diplomas, and 56 certificates. A-B Tech is indicative of the modern comprehensive community college – providing innovative educational programming and collaborative community development. If you are dedicated to student and community success, then we invite you to explore employment opportunities at A-B Tech. We hope you will consider joining the A-B Tech Trailblazer family!
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E) A-B Tech commits to demonstrating an inclusive and welcoming culture of Respect, Integrity, and Support for Everyone.
This is evident by our RISE Committee, the Trailblazer RISE Award, and annual RISE projects including the Welcoming Classroom, Appreciative Advising, and more!
A-B Tech is looking for: A person who shares our commitment to sustaining a workplace that offers equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability genetic information/medical history, age, and/or veteran/military status. In addition, the College prohibits discrimination based on any characteristic or condition protected by law, but not specifically mentioned here.
Position Summary Posting Detail Information Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration)
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable) $53,856
Total Compensation Your total compensation goes beyond this maximum salary. Your A-B Tech benefits represent nearly 30% of your total compensation.
The total compensation for this position includes an 24.5% employer contribution to a defined pension plan, contributions towards medical and dental policies and fully funded life insurance / accidental death & dismemberment policy.
Benefits Summary Total Compensation: $79,521
- Medical and Pharmacy Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Death Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Policies
- Professional Liability
- Vacation Leave up to 26 days per year
- Sick Leave of 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave
- All required protected leaves plus: Civil, Bereavement, Parental, Community Service, Maternity/Paternity, Shared, Educational, Military
- Tax-sheltered Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- State Employees Credit Union membership
- Employee Assistance Network
- Annual Flex Benefit
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Longevity Pay
- Educational Attainment
Questions A-B Tech’s Human Resources (HR) department is located on the main campus at the Sunnicrest House. This beautiful Tudor-style Historic house served as a private residence for guests of the Vanderbilt family for the first century of the home’s life. Today you will find a professional HR family that is dedicated to ensuring all employees and applicants receive fast and accurate answers, compassion, fairness, and kindness from Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. To ensure a prompt hiring process, please read the application directions located on the HR website. For questions, you may email us at [email protected].
We look forward to welcoming you to our A-B Tech family!
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Better Together Home Care Pikesville, MD 21208 $17 - $22 an hour 30+ days ago
Essentia Health Detroit Lakes, MN 56501 $17.42 - $26.13 an hour 5 days ago
Real Pro Citronelle, AL 36522 $800 - $1,200 a week 20 days ago
Sherwin-Williams Portland, OR $23.02 an hour 30+ days ago