SCI, the nation's leading real estate executive search firm, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join a multi-billion dollar private real estate investment firm that targets commercial and residential opportunities in urban markets with growing, knowledge-based economies.
As a key member of the leadership team, the CFO reports to and works closely with the COO and Managing Partners, overseeing the Company's Central Business Group which provides all financial, accounting, tax, and people (human resources) functions. The CFO is responsible for the overall financial performance of the company, driving the development of the Company’s long-range financial direction, as well as short term financial goals and objectives.
- Plan (with the executive leadership, COO, General Counsel and VP of Development), and direct all aspects of company’s financial and operational policies, objectives, and strategies.
- Responsible for the attainment of short- and long-term financial goals.
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures. Assist with development of tax planning strategies for the COO and execute same.
- Oversee production of audits and review same.
- Oversee production of all tax returns and review same for alignment with tax planning strategies.
- Lead and manage Controller; also oversee a team of younger, internal Property Accountants and other accounting staff members, 6.
- Provide mentorship to the Controller and the Accounting Group
- Review all financing documents, operating agreements, partnership agreements, etc. from a business perspective
- Analyze existing property financing and provide insight into the financial operation of the development company.
- Oversight, management, and responsibility for the Central Business Group personnel which currently includes the Controller and multiple accounting and finance personnel.
- Oversight of the development of new sources of funding for existing and new construction projects as well as structing, negotiating, and ensuring compliance with corporate borrowing policies.
- Will actively support and work with equity fund program(s) and other capital markets activities.
- All cash management and cash forecasting analysis and reports for board meetings.
- Help the COO with Human Resources to effect and maintain best practices, policies and procedures.
- Oversee tax strategies and tax planning, as well as cause timely filings as required.
- Prepare or support partnership reports on stated frequency together with narratives and exhibits.
- Other activities in which this person manifests capability for performance and growth.
- Minimum 4–5-year degree in finance, economics, and/or accounting. Further educational accomplishments a plus.
- Not less than ten years’ experience in real estate, 15 years in business, preferably in development/construction type enterprises in order to understand the complexities of the business within a vertically oriented hands-on development firm which has direct construction as well as design involvement,
- Experience and qualifications with accounting, financial reporting, underwriting, cash management and forecasting.
- Experience in managing people, directly, and in business generally.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location