Job descriptionJob Posting: This is a full-time, remote position. Please see below for more details.
Purpose of the Position: The position of Career Services Advisor is responsible for Career Services functions and duties as they relate to providing UMA graduates employment opportunities and ensuring graduate success by building relationships with allied healthcare employers. Persons in this role will focus on managing the full-desk process of Career Services including account development, graduate engagement, graduate career readiness, job order management and employment confirmation. The Career Services Advisor reports to the Director, Career Services.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
We are hiring for full-time remote associates with no travel required. UMA is currently focused on interviewing candidates for this position located in Florida, Indiana, and Arizona.
- Hourly rate: $18.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Influences and empowers students and graduates to find employment in their field of study and begin their healthcare careers.
- Manages a population of graduates and assist them in job placement in the Allied Healthcare field.
- Works with students and graduates to give them guidance on interview techniques, workplace expectations, resume best practices and more.
- Develops and implements plans to achieve student and graduate employment goals.
- Matches graduates to employer positions and maintain ongoing relationships with companies to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Prepares for and facilitates graduate interviews with employers, including those with our national Corporate Alliance partnerships
- Maintains timely, compliant and accurate documentation and metric requirements on all activity related to UMA graduates, employers, job orders and interview results up to and including placement of graduates.
- Consistently meets or exceeds department metrics and quotas including talk time, interviews, hires and monthly goal of placed graduates.
- Contacts hiring managers to create new job opportunities, interviews, hires, and placements.
- Develops and grows new and existing relationships within the healthcare industry to proactively discover future job opportunities for our graduates.
- Locates, engages and attracts prospective healthcare companies to form partnerships to secure employment opportunities in assigned marketplace with the goal of building and maintaining long-term relationships that yield placements for UMA graduates and future relationship building.
- Sources employment opportunities through our proprietary lead management tool with over a million leads, cold calling, email, fax and social media contact with decision makers and hiring managers.
- Influences lead outcomes and communicates with hiring managers using a consultative graduate-focused approach to understand their hiring needs.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed according to company, government, and accreditor standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to work in a high-powered, dynamic, energetic and results-drive call center environment
- Demonstrable track record of success in past roles
- Stable employment record
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic business technology and web-based tools.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Committed, self-driven, with strong follow-up skills.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience, staffing, long-line sales, 3rd party logistics
- Experience in employment staffing, career services, out-placement services or sales experience in the corporate sector.
- Experience in cold calling in a production driven environment
- Proven track record in professional sales or business development.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Experience with Zoho, Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM system is preferred
- This is a full-time remote position
- Home Office set up, quiet place to work, ability to hard-wire into high-speed internet connection
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
OUR VALUES Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable. CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential. COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students. P URSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges. HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small. WORK AS ONE We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
Acknowledgement This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position. It may not include every job responsibility. Job duties may fluctuate based on needs of the business. UMA reserves the right to revise the job or require that additional or different tasks be performed.
I have read and understand all the responsibilities and accountabilities in my job description. This job description is a tool used by me and management to help assess, evaluate and provide guidelines and expectations for the position named herein. I understand that it is not a contract and it does not constitute any guarantee of future employment.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/