Associate Software Engineer Entry Level
Job Summary: Performs routine design and development of assigned resources for enhancement and integration of new products and functionality. Assists in the analysis in order to ensure full functionality and eliminate processing difficulties. Assists in implementation and testing of project plans for new technology and enhancements. Supports the completion of design requirements, ensures efficiency, and offers improvement suggestions. Works under close supervision to support employee development.
- Develop understanding of business processes, goals and strategy
- Meet with end users (e.g., clients, internal customers, etc.) to identify system requirements, and analyze requirements to determine system functionality
- Support the evaluation of current application or system architecture to determine areas that need improvement or expanded functionality
- Assist with coding of programs based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Support the activities of assigned projects and ensure tasks are performed with efficiency and quality
- Identify, monitor, and conduct testing to assess conformity of design to specifications, resolving requirements and design conflicts
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in computer science, MIS, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for education requirements.
- Typical candidate will have 0-2 years of experience in software engineering, system administration, programming, and/or a related field. Certifications and/or educational experience may count towards experience.