This Recruitment is Open to the Public
Applications will not be accepted after the deadline of Wednesday, November 30, 2022
The Georgia Department of Revenue has an opportunity for an Assistant Director of Customer Experience in the Taxpayer Services & Processing Division (TSPD). The mission of the TSPD is to support the overall mission of the Department of Revenue by improving customer service through improved processes and employee morale.
- Are you looking for executive opportunities to contribute to the strategic direction of a growing organization?
- Can you comfortably manage team objectives while faced with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you passionate about developing & modeling courteous, professional, and efficient customer service?
- Are you eager to contribute to the next wave of leadership through employee development, coaching, mentoring, and strategic succession planning?
If so, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director of the TSPD, you will be a senior executive with oversight of two customer facing areas consisting of Business Operations and the Customer Contact Center by proactively evaluating outcomes due to processes that affect customers in a government agency while adhering to statutes and regulations. The position also requires leadership that contributes to directing, planning, and implementing objectives, standards, or activities to ensure a culture of continuous improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
The Assistant Director will analyze programs to determine areas of potential improvement, policy and/or structure change, technical needs; as well as oversee complex tax research projects for a diverse range of tax types (Sales tax, Motor Fuel, IFTA, Withholding, Corporate, Individual, and Business Credits).
Areas of accountability include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and leading a team of managers and supervisors into current and future roles
- Encouraging problem-solving, strategic thinking and customer-orientation among the teams
- Developing interpersonal relationships to generate influence and confidence to create a culture of excellence that encourages and ensures staff engagement to further the agency’s goals and objectives and effectiveness
- Advocate for changes to work with cross functionality collaboration of teams to implement change, if required for the improvement of overall customer experience
- Measuring and tracking service delivery for the purpose of improvement where needed
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of personnel to ensure an effective workforce
- Supporting business objectives through understanding of relevant data analysis
- Monitoring the customer facing departments to ensure optimized interaction and solutions within a regulated industry
- Overseeing the development and delivery of public facing information through multiple channels to improve customer education, transparency and trust
- Managing projects and initiatives that will further the effectiveness of the Agency goals
- Conducting research to discover new techniques necessary for improving customer experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (ex: Business Management, Organizational Management, Business Analytics, Psychology) AND five years of experience managing professional level staff
~ OR Nine years of experience AND five years of management experience at the level equivalent to area of assignment
~ OR Five years of experience at the lower-level Sr. Mgr., Business Ops (GSM012).
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience interacting with executive management, business partners and stakeholders with the ability for positive and effective communication supported by data.
- Customer Service: Demonstrated ability in utilizing metrics and tools to measure and track performance and customer satisfaction.
- Experience working in a multi-channel customer environment to establish and manage multiple communication mediums.
- Aptitude for technology: experience with tools and technologies that help deliver, manage, measure, and improve customer experience.
- Strategic Planning: Proven skills in delivering required business results, to include setting and achieving aggressive, goals; consistently complying with quality standards; and meeting deadlines. (Project management)
- Talent Management: Demonstrated experience in maximizing the skills and talents of team members through delegation and coaching for current and future goals.
- Resilience: The ability to adapt to changing needs and business requirements.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: adept at interpreting and leveraging data insights, ability to understand and extract useful or actionable information to reduce performance gaps.
- Experience managing higher level staff
- Experience working with regulations
Position Status & Pay Grade: Unclassified – Pay Grade P
Hiring Range: $71,821.60 - $95,000
State Personnel Board Rules for current State Employees
478-1-.15 Changes to Employment Status
Location: Georgia Department of Revenue Agency Headquarters 1800 Century Blvd NE, Atlanta GA 30345
- This vacancy requires office hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. A telework option is contingent upon demonstrated proficiency after training and is subject to change based on DOR policies and ability to meet performance expectations.
The Department of Revenue is the principal tax collection agency for the State of Georgia. DOR administers tax laws and enforces laws and regulations concerning alcohol and tobacco products in the state. Our mission is to administer the tax laws of the State of Georgia fairly and efficiently in order to promote public confidence and compliance, while providing excellent customer service.
Benefits We Offer
- 13 paid State holidays
- Annual & Sick Leave accrual
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
If you need an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources Office at (404) 417-2154.
All Department of Revenue positions are subject to annual State of Georgia tax records check.
Additional background processes may be in place for some positions.
The highest level of education indicated on your Team Georgia Careers Profile will be verified.
Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, only applicants selected for interview will be notified for final applicant selection. Human Resources maintains the discretion to close the job announcement prior to the closing date if a significant number of applications are received.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Department of Revenue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, sex, religion, or disability. This policy statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, training, and termination.
Connect with us on
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND Five years of experience managing professional level staff OR Nine years of experience AND Five years of management experience at the level equivalent to area of assignment OR Five years of experience at the lower level Sr Mgr, Business Ops (GSM012). Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.