Summary: Develops business, sells and markets direct mail & online advertising in short-term assigned neighborhoods. Retains and services large clients in the specified geographic region.
Guide Book Publishing, founded in 1991, is an industry leader in publications serving the communication needs of non-profit organizations. GBP is a dynamic growth oriented company. Our customer base is national. The “work from home” positions will be headquartered in the Kansas City metro area with phone and email sales around the country.
While a work from home position, you will need to be able to get return packages to the Post Office to send back completed assignments. You will also need the technology capacities to send emails and make phone calls throughout the day.
Duties & Responsibilities: *
- Generates and develops new business to meet the specified production goals.
- Maintains and nurtures existing large client relationships
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new clients.
- Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Negotiates contracts for business advertising.
- Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changes priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on email, spreadsheet, and PDF documents.
- Customer Service—Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication—Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication—Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support—Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
- Planning/Organizing—Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Compensation Program: *
- Draw Program and Lucrative Commission Program
- Payroll is based on Cash In from sales with a Draw against Future Commissions useful while ads are entering your sales funnel.
- Incentive Pay Programs
- Assignment Targets, Monthly Targets, Quarterly Targets, and Annual Targets are set-up with an incentive pay program for hitting those numbers.
- Health & Life Insurance
- 401k Program with Company Match
Physical Demands and Work Environment: *
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to use a keyboard
- Requires Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time